Walthourville, GA has been thriving for more than 100 years. Staying true to our motto, “Always Moving While Improving,” we are always striving for improvement and excellence. According to the 2013 census, Walthourville is home to about 4,030 people and is sprawled over 3.8 square miles of land.
Looking for ways to update our beautiful town is always on our mind. We have plans to improve the Johnnie Frasier Park by adding bathrooms and a walking trail. We are also interested in building a community center as well as a senior center on Shaw Road across from the Johnnie Frasier Park. We look forward to starting these projects and they take top priority to us so that we can better serve our community.
We invite you to stop by our city hall, it is located at 222 Busbee Road, next to the Volunteer Fire Department. Please let us know your suggestions and ideas on how we can make Walthourville a safer place.
- Walthourville City Hall is located at 222 Busbee Road next to the Volunteer Fire Department
- Walthourville is one of seven municipalities in Liberty County, Georgia
- We are part of the Hinesville- Fort Stewart metropolitan statistical area (MSA)
- Population was 4,030 in the 2013 census
- Total area of 3.8 square miles of all land
- Black (57.3%) White (26.1%) and Hispanic (9.9%)
- In 2014, the median household income of Walthourville residents was $39,828.
- The median age for Walthourville residents is 30.6 years young
- Fire Protection
- Police Protection
- Water & Sewer Services
- Sanitation Services
- Street Maintenance
- Mosquito Spraying
- Bulk Trash Pickup
- Street Lighting
- Recreation Facilities & Activities